Monday, October 7, 2013

Attitude of Upset Prince




Shakespearean English have always confused me because I can understand is hardly, but I will try to explain about the Hamlet best as possible. In the "Hamlet", by William Shakespeare, Hamlet seems to be very normal, but it also showed me that Hamlet have problem about the death of his father. When Hamlet is talking to her mother, he gets mad. Hamlet talks to her mother angry because she is not showing a single sign of sadness of Hamlet’s father. He said to his father, “/No, nor the fruitful river in the eye. /” (1.2.76-86) Hamlet was mad to her mother and he thinks that mother does not care for his father since she doesn't even try to show fake grief. And later, Hamlet insults her mother how caring she is by saying, “I shall in all my best obey you. Madam.”(1.2.120) After Hamlet left his mother. He start to mock about her greediness. To me it seems that Hamlet was mad because she didn't show emotion to his husband’s death, but also remarried his Uncle without a single hesitation. It showed me that Hamlet knew that her mother married his father only for the power. Claudius, the new king, was acted nice to Hamlet. Claudius is trying to make his new son be content, but the main character, Hamlet, cannot accept the new father. His interaction between Claudius is like one way love. Claudius is trying to love his new son, in my perspective, but Hamlet is refusing because he doesn't believe in the new King. In the beginning of the story, hamlet shows that he misses he father who was a King before. The proof that he misses his father because when he was talking to Horatio, he said, “I would I had been there.” (1.2.235)  Hamlet is upset about his father and have complain to his uncle, the new king, and her mother, who remarried for the love. This shows why Hamlet is grumpy to his uncle and mother. It also explains the desperation to meet his father since he wants to meet the ghost of his father that the guards met during the night. Hamlet at the beginning of the story shows that he is upset prince who missed his father and have family problem with his uncle and his mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment